#HealthCareersLive: The National Health Careers Conference returns on
Saturday 7th November 2020
A free online event for aspiring and current healthcare professionals
Sign up: www.healthcareers.live
Did you know?
The NHS in England employs over 1.3 million people. It is the country’s biggest employer and one of the largest employers globally.
Are you interested in building a career in healthcare? Maybe as an Allied Health professional? Nurse? Midwife? Doctor? Dentist? Veterinarian? Or one of the other 350+ roles in Healthcare?
Look no further….
The UK’s leading event for aspiring and current healthcare professionals returns as an interactive virtual conference.
The National Health Careers Conference was established in Manchester in 2017. It is led by the Health Careers Live team which consists of healthcare students, professionals, patients, advisors and stakeholders. We are passionate about widening participation and supporting individuals from all backgrounds to build fulfilling health careers.
In July 2020, we organised the first Virtual Health Careers Conference #VHCC2020 to support aspiring and current healthcare professionals during the pandemic, this saw over 2,500 register from 74 countries!
Following on from this and in line with the latest government guidance, the National Health Careers Conference will now also take place virtually on Saturday 7th November 2020.
The Health Careers Live team (@HealthCareersCo) and partners have been working hard to bring you another fully immersive online experience. This opportunity is free for everyone, of any age or background, all you have to do is register at https://healthcareers.live/ and log in on the day!
The conference is supported by and features a range of key organisations such as Health Education England Global Engagement, Health Education England Allied Health Professions, the General Medical Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Dental Council, British Medical Association, British Veterinary Association, Royal Colleges and Universities.
Just some of the highlights to look forward to:
- Keynote Talks streamed live from our virtual #HealthCareersLive studio
- 10+ Virtual Workshop Hubs – learn about your health career of interest, what you need to do to get in, as well as lead a fulfilling career
- AHP Live – a NEW dedicated allied health professions programme
- GMC hub – dedicated sessions for aspiring medical students, current medical students and doctors
- Global Hub – Find out how you can learn globally and act locally to improve healthcare
- Interactive Exhibition – an opportunity to virtually meet key organisations and access useful resources.
- Future NHS Hub – a peek into the future of health. Join Digital Health Leaders, NHS Clinical Entrepreneurs and Innovators. Find out how you can carve your ideal portfolio career.
- Dedicated sessions supporting career development for current healthcare students and professionals covering areas such as Global Health, Leadership, Diversity, Health Education, Innovation, Digital Health, Portfolio Careers, Primary Care, Mental Health, Surgery, Specialties and Clinical Entrepreneurship.
- The Waiting Room – have a chat with healthcare students, healthcare professionals and patients.
- Health Careers Live Awards – a chance to celebrate the achievements and contributions of school students, current healthcare students, healthcare professionals and the wider community throughout 2020
- Energise Lounge – a chance to check in with yourself and support your wellbeing
- Reflections Disco – Immerse yourself in a live musical journey whilst sharing your reflections of the day and networking with fellow attendees.
So, regardless of the stage of your career, health field of interest, age or the country you are attending from there is something for everyone at Health Careers Live.
We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday 7th November to #HealthCareersLive!
Sign up free at: www.healthcareers.live
The National Health Careers Conference was established in 2017 in Manchester. It is led by the Health Careers Live volunteer team consisting of healthcare students, professionals, patients, advisors and wider stakeholders. We are passionate about supporting individuals from all backgrounds to develop and lead fulfilling careers in health and care. During the pandemic over 2,500 registered from 74 countries for our first Virtual Health Careers Conference held in July 2020. Thank you to all the team, partners, speakers, volunteers and supporters who give up their valuable time to inspire healthcare heroes and widen participation.
- Official event hashtag: #HealthCareersLive
- National Partner: Health Education England (HEE) Global Engagement
- Theme Partners: HEE Allied Health Professions, General Medical Council
Becoming a Doctor, ICGRx
- Exhibiting Partners: Cardiff University UG, Cardiff University PG, Royal College of Psychiatrists, Health Education England, Allied Health Professions, University of Central Lancashire, General Medical Council, Royal College of Surgeons, Becoming a Doctor, ICGRx
- Event and Streaming Partner: Virtual Studio Live www.virtualstudiolive.com