Who we are
- Health Careers Live is an award-winning not-for-profit programme led by volunteer healthcare students, professionals, patients and advisors.Passionate about widening participation, diversity and inclusion, Health careers Live empowers aspiring and current healthcare professionals from all backgrounds to explore the variety of health roles, and lead fulfilling careers in health and care.
- Established in 2017 by a medical student, over 1,000 aspiring and current healthcare professionals attended our 1st National Health Careers Conference which took place in Trafford, the birthplace of the NHS. Since its inception, over 100 health and care organisations have featured as part of the programme including key partners such as Health Education England, General Medical Council, NHS England and NHS Improvement, Higher Education Institutions and Royal Colleges. In 2019, Health Careers Live was recognised in the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Champions Awards and by the ASME New Leaders Award.
- During the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, over 2,500 registered from 74 countries for our 1st Virtual Health Careers Conference in July 2020. Our flagship National Health Careers Conference in November 2020 remained virtual, with over 6,000 participants registering from 101 countries throughout 2020. The year also saw our work recognised as part of the NHS Parliamentary awards in the Health Equalities category.
- In 2021, we are delivering an ambitious UK and global programme with a wide range of stakeholders to support learning and career development. We are always looking to further our collaborations to enhance support available for the current and future health workforce. You can get in touch here.
- Thank you to all the team, partners, speakers, volunteers and supporters who give up their valuable time to inspire healthcare heroes.